Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Zorn Palette (day 2 of 30 day challenge)

Today is the start of a challenge to see if I can do a posting each day for 30 days running... I'm nothing if not a supreme optimist. But to make it easy on myself, I'll start with posting what I've been doing lately - playing around with the limited palette which Anders Zorn was famous for.
If there is one thing I love doing, is colour charts... they tend to slip you into a meditative zone, requiring a bit of focus but most of all a chance to play around with some beautiful colour combos.
For my version, I have chosen to use:
1. Cadmium Red (Winsor and Newton)
2. Cool Black (Williamsburg)
3. Ochre Yellow (Gamblin)
The reason for recording the brand name, is that it is sometimes astonishing, the discrepancy that exists between brands, and this can be all important, especially if you are a colourist. This is the beginning of my chart:


No comments:

Post a Comment