Monday, November 23, 2015

On Reflection... 5 reasons to write a blog

Some more pics of that wondrous garden, Red Cow Farm.










In the meantime, I'm musing on the five reasons for me to write this blog. Well the most obvious one:

1. To have a platform to show my art, and to write about it in more detail and depth than one would on facebook or other social meda platforms. The aim is to make my art more familiar to the public and followers, to do my own marketing, with the possibility of a future sale.

2. Another possible reason. I have spent the last year, since a fabulous workshop with JSS in Civita with Catherine Kehoe, finally embracing social media as an outlet for the sale of my paintings and to connect with a great group of artists. Its been an intense time, learning how to build my website, use facebook, pinterest, instagram and the blog... especially as I am definitely not IT savvy. But if I can do, so can other artists, and perhaps I can write, instruct or help others to do it also.

3. I used to a teacher at a high school, then some design colleges and finally a university lecturer. Education has always been a substantial part of my life. The idea of teaching art, or giving workshops myself seems to be the natural development of my art journey. And the financial earnings would certainly help buy the next batch of paints and art material.

4. Making art can be a solitary activity. Through a blog, one can express ideas, doubts, discussions and get feedback, wisdoms and support.

5. Last but not least, this blog can be a diary recording special and not so special events that make up a life on a farm in one of the most beautiful valleys in the world, and how it impacts on my art.

Next, is to work out headings or sub-headings or hashtags, so that all posts can be sorted within those five sections or more. Its important to try and organise that aspect, so that filing, sorting or finding posts becomes easy.

hmmm, lots to think about!

2 comments:

  1. Myriam, I can feel what you're feeling. These blogs are an outlet to my own creativity. My writing and photography - and many genres at that! I'm sure you'll succeed -- Happy writing and Happy painting!!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete