Monday, December 7, 2015

WIP - Thank God its Wednesday - Painting day (who's counting?)

This 30 day challenge is really interesting:

Why? Because I'm succeeding in blogging each day? Nope!

Because I'm still blogging in spite of being 11 days behind? Yep!

These days, I have learnt to be kind to myself, not to be critical of my small failings and just start again and again... Can't recall the countless times I've started an every day walking schedule, or a week long detox diet, only to just start over again and again without feeling guilty.

This posting is a WIP post (work in progress), as opposed to a TIP post where the information could be useful to other student of painting.

Wednesdays come around like lightning, the day I go to my painting buddy's studio. Today I finally tackle a potted plant which I've been eyeing for a long time... but hesitated... all those leaves!


Work in progress - 'Kerrie's potted plant' oil on linen - 12 x 16in
 The challenge here is not to get too engrossed in the details, keeping areas in the foliage simple. Easier said than done. Other challenge is to decide where to push the colours, as in reality, the colours are very subtle and monochromatic. This first stage will do, it has enough information for me to continue playing with it at a later date in my own studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment